As this week is National Curry Week the people over at Cobra Beer have teamed up with some fabulous curry houses and have come up with some great ‘Br-Indian’ recipes to celebrate, these recipes are a spicy twist on regional favorites.
And after having a good read of the recipes I’m really quite fancying the Indo-Welsh Rarebit…
What you need–
- 4 x traditional muffins, cut in half
- 50g soured cream or crème fraiche
- 250g grated Collier’s Powerful Welsh Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Cobra beer
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 chopped chilli
- Coriander (to garnish)
What you do –
1) Preheat the grill to highest heat.
2) Line an oven tray with kitchen foil to catch any cheesy drips (to aid your clean up).
3) Mix the topping ingredients together in a bowl.
4) Toast the muffins on both sides.
5) Spread a generous layer of the topping ingredients on each muffin half.
6) Place on the oven tray and grill until brown and bubbling.
7) Top with Coriander to garnish
8) Enjoy piping hot with ice cold Cobra beer
Followed maybe by a nice Devonshire Cream Chai…
What you need –
250 – 300g tub of genuine clotted cream
1 teaspoon finely ground green cardamom seeds
Mix the two together and keep refrigerated until use.
- 450g self raising flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 75g margarine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- Chilli jam
What to do –
1) Mix the flour, sugar, margarine and ginger together till it resembles fine breadcrumbs add enough milk to make a soft dough.
2) Roll out lightly and cut out scones bake in a medium hot oven for 15-20 minutes.
3) Whilst still warm halve, spread generously with the clotted cream and serve with chilli jam and either an Indian fragrant Darjeeling or Assam Indian tea, Cobra or King Cobra – which goes well with any sweet dish.
Based on a Recipe from Tim Flaherty, Southern Cross Tea Rooms.
And lets face it if you’re having a curry based dish then Cobra really does go quite perfectly!
If cooking your own doesn’t really do it for you then you could always take advantage of the Cobra promotion of 2 for 1 curry dishes when you buy a Cobra Beer over on the Cobra website.
For more information on National Curry Week, local curry finders and just why Cobra beer goes so well with a curry head over to the Cobra website. or head over to the facebook page – we love curry